- MB Prefabs can be created in Edit mode out of 1 or more Entities.
- Prefabs are then a 'Entity Asset', and can be created like any other Entity asset. They can be placed in levels, set as the Player Avatar , or shot from guns as a projectile.
- Prefabs made in Modbox are sometimes called 'MB Prefabs' to differentiate them from 'Unity Prefabs' made from Unity GameObjects. They have a lot of the same functionality as Unity Prefabs, but are made entirely from Modbox Entities
- Use the 'Prefab Tool' to create prefabs ingame as a VR / Screen player. To create a Prefab in the Desktop Editor, select 1 or more entities and use the 'Create Prefab' button at the top.
- Prefabs, like any other asset created ingame, can be saved locally or online and shared on Steam Workshop with other players.
- Assets (such as models, materials, sounds, MBScripts) can be included in Prefabs.
- After editing a Prefab, 'Apply Changes' can be used to save changes to the saved prefab, which will update all other versions of that prefab in the world.
- Prefabs can include other prefabs inside them.
When in Hierarchy Mode, Entities added are automatically added inside the current Prefab. There will also be a 'Apply Changes' option after exiting Hierarchy mode.
Updated almost 2 years ago